15 juni, 2006

Knit Sock Kit Swap


I've joined the Knit Sock Kit Swap, and here's the info:

The Questionnaire:

What are your favorite colors? I like all colors except the ones that REALLY shout to you, like bright neon colors etc. I have no problem knitting with neon colors, I just won't wear them!

Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting socks? I knit my first rea sock around age 7, so I've been knitting socks for almost 18 years (yikes!) My very first knitting project was a pair of babyslippers, at age 5!

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? All yarn is ok, but I would prefer not to use different multicolor yarn in the same sock.

What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? A wool mix is nice, wool and polyamide (like in Regia) is good and durable... I do NOT like the "oldschool" sock yarn, which is very hard (called "Raggegarn" in norwegian)

Where do you usually knit socks? Eh... everywhere *blush* I usually knit either on the buss or at home in the evenings... Or when I'm just bored, like if I have to sit and listen to a very bad lecture (I LOVER my bamboo dpns, very silent!)

How do you usually carry/store small projects? Plastic bag in my purse *blush*

What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? Don't have a favourite pattern, I usually try everything once and have had enough when I've made a pair of similar socks! I've knitted a lot of babyslippers though, and a few pairs of "selbu"-socks and knee-highs...

What are your favorite sock knitting techniques? I discovered "toe-up"-patterns, and I love them!!!!

What new techniques would you like to try? Everything :)

Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting? dpns, I've tired knitting on circulars but it's just not me... My socks look a lot better when knitted on dpns.

What are some of your favorite yarns? Regia, Opal... and pure wool\wool mixes..

What yarn do you totally covet ? Can I have everything ? Love natural fibers!

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? ............. ALL!

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? dpns, bamboo, prefer them "soft" but to still have enough "hold" for my stiches to stay on... I have them in all european sizes (2-10) but only half-sizes, not x,25...

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? ...............

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? love dark chocolate with lots of coco...

What’s your favorite animal? guinea pig! (have two)

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? I have two guines pigs, one "rosett" and one "long-hair", names Sunlight and Lano (I've moved from crafts to soaps since I got a lot of comments for calling my little piggies things like "patchwork" and "quilt")... The two I have now is 1,5 years (Sunlight) and about 10 months (Lano). I would love to try to spin som of Lano's fur one day, thinking of doing it half mixed with wool, it's SO soft and I have to cut it ever 3months or so. I also have a cat, but he stays with my parents since I can't have him running around outdoors where I live now, his name is "Pussy" (please do not ask, I did NOT name HIM (!) it's a long story behind the name and spelling)

If you were a color what color would you be? Right now I would be a variated blue...

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).. Batikk in light blues, yellows and greens with green beads...

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Flower!

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read.
Norwegian: Kvinnen er smartere enn mannen, hun er så smart at hun aldri vil fortelle ham det. (venn)
English: The woman is smarter than the man, she's smart enough to she never tell him. (friend)

Do you have a wishlist? I would prefer it if my sock-kit could fit in my purse... the part of my purse used for knitting today is 32cm X 20cm X 10cm

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? I need to sleep... but I'm knitting...

Ingen kommentarer: