05 november, 2006

KMKS

For my KMKS swapee, here's my answers to the questionnaire :)



What are your favorite colors? I love blue and green, but I don't really mind the color! At the moment I use yellow and green mittens with my blue jacket at purple scarf, who cares if everything match ?

Are you a new mitt knitter? No, but I knit far less mittens than I knit socks!
How long have you been knitting mittens? Think I started knitting mittens as the same time as socks, so about 18years...

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? both, just not in the same project

What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn? wool! It gets cold in Norway!

Where do you usually knit mittens? Everywhere...

How do you usually carry/store small projects? In a small knitting bag I have in my backpack.

What are your favorite mitten patterns? I love the norwegian Selbu mittens, but then I am Norwegian. I also knit a lot of felted mittens.

What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques? I usually use DPNs but now I've finally managed to figure out magic loop and my last pair was knitted using the magic loop technique.

What new techniques would you like to try? surprise me!

What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens? I finally got a pair of Addi for knitting magic loop, and I love them!

What are some of your favorite yarns? Anything wool with not so much acrylic or other artificial fiber... A little is ok (like for socks).

What yarn do you totally covet? Everything I can't get here in Norway without it costing an arm and a leg.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? .........

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I knit with bamboo when I knit on dpns, but for circs I use metall. I just got hold of my first pair of Addis and I love them

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Socks that Rock

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Chocolate (dark, load of coco) :)

Whats your favorite animal? Guinea pigs (have two) and cats!
Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts? Both, superwarm for winter or fingerless for spring

If you were a color what color would you be? "seagreen"

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Flowers in the summer and pictures of nature covered in snow when it's winter!

Do you have a wishlist? not really... (a problem for my whole family)

Anything else you would like to share with the group today? I can't wait!

Ingen kommentarer: